How to use ID3DXSPRITE

Started by
2 comments, last by ryan20fun 13 years, 2 months ago
Hi All,
ive searched all over and i cannot find anything that will tell me how to use ID3DXSPRITE or simaler,

i want to draw sprites but the sdk has nothing on useing it and i cont find any other sprite class' so if someone
can point out a tutorial that i missed or show me how to use sprites i would greately apreciate it,

Thanks in Advance.

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

Advertisement
Take a look at here.
There's no "hard", and "the impossible" takes just a little time.
grep ( find in files ) is your friend.

when I grep on particles, I find several samples. AdvancedParticles, DeferredParticles, ParticleSystem, GPUBoids, etc

when I grep on sprites, I find that the DXUT UI controls use D3DXSprite, as well as the AntiAlias sample, BasicHLSL, Blobs, CompiledEffect. ConfigSystem, CustomUI, DepthOfField, EffectParam, EnhancedMesh, etc

At least in older SDKs ( try March 2009 ). and then try the newer SDKs.
Intel Gaming and Graphics Samples
was Intel Larrabee, Microsoft Flight Sim, Microsoft Visual Studio SDK, Microsoft DirectX SDK, and further back in the depths of time...

Thanks that link looks like a good place to start
and im also going to have a look through the dxut stuff aswell. :)

Never say Never, Because Never comes too soon. - ryan20fun

Disclaimer: Each post of mine is intended as an attempt of helping and/or bringing some meaningfull insight to the topic at hand. Due to my nature, my good intentions will not always be plainly visible. I apologise in advance and assure you I mean no harm and do not intend to insult anyone.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement