Sign in to follow this  
Holland

book for experience programmer getting into stackless python

Just to clarify, I don't want websites, python docs, or tutorials. I can find all of that on my own. I'm a more-than-capable googler. :)

What I'm interested in is a book, or books, with good coding strategies and general knowledge relating directly to stackless python. I've worked in the gaming industry as a programmer for long enough to understand basic coding practices and I'm very familiar with C++ and C#. The company I work for is about to switch over to stackless python for certain things, and I want to learn as much as I can. I'm old school and like real actual books.

I'm definitely not looking for a book that starts with "How to write a 'Hello World!' application."

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Not quite sure I have never run across any books on the Stackless Python implementation. I think the closest thing you will get is the docs. Stackless python is python. The major differences are built into the interpreter. I don't know much about it but I do know that Guido the creator of python disowns it lol.

Thanks blewisjr. I know stackless is just a subset of Python. I don't need a book specifically about stackless python, but a good book for advanced programmers that covers stackless to some extent would be great.

I doubt you'll find one. The principles and concepts of stackless are fairly simple, and the rest is really just getting a handle on python. Of which there are several free e-books if I recall correctly. Other than that, reading the newsgroup/discussion groups for stackless and following the examples is the best way to get a handle on it.

[quote name='Washu' timestamp='1297836880' post='4774840']
I doubt you'll find one. The principles and concepts of stackless are fairly simple, and the rest is really just getting a handle on python. Of which there are several free e-books if I recall correctly. Other than that, reading the newsgroup/discussion groups for stackless and following the examples is the best way to get a handle on it.
[/quote]

Hmm..I guess I'll just grab a couple books on Python in general then. Like I said before, I'm pretty old school when it comes to reference material. I'd prefer actual books over ebooks or online resources.

Thanks!