• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Gamer Pro

Maya 2010 move tool problem

This topic is 2772 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've ran into an odd problem. When I try to translate (move) any part of a mesh (vertex, face, edge, etc; other than as a whole (IE: NOT in object mode)) along the X-axis, it scales the parts rather than moving them. If I'm in object mode or moving along the Y or Z-axis, I can move the mesh or its parts just fine. I've tried restarting Maya, my computer and just making a new scene; but the problem persists, leading me to think I've accidentally changed a setting somewhere. I spent about 2 hours searching the Autodesk website and Google but I haven't found anything to help me fix this.

EDIT:
I figured it out, under the move tool options; I somehow enabled the 'reflection' property (which actually makes sense in hindsight). That'll teach me to stay up till 2 in the morning :)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!