Sign in to follow this  
Mantear

Qt Serial Port library

I'm trying to find a serial port library that is designed to work under Qt. I've tried both qextserialport and qserialdevice, but they both have serious issues. qextserialport is just flat out broken, not returning all the data it should. qserialdevice might work, but it has no non-blocking mechanisms built in. I'd have to wrap the whole thing in threads and queues myself.

Is there anything out there that let's you configure the port, open the port, and then start read()ing and write()ing without having to worry about anything else? Thanks.

[quote name='Mantear' timestamp='1297887175' post='4775097']
I'm trying to find a serial port library that is designed to work under Qt. I've tried both qextserialport and qserialdevice, but they both have serious issues. qextserialport is just flat out broken, not returning all the data it should. qserialdevice might work, but it has no non-blocking mechanisms built in. I'd have to wrap the whole thing in threads and queues myself.

Is there anything out there that let's you configure the port, open the port, and then start read()ing and write()ing without having to worry about anything else? Thanks.

[/quote]

Seeing as how Qt is event based, there is no need for thread abusing. Just like in Qt you don't wrap QTcpSocket and QSslSocket in threads unlike you would do in win32, .NET, etc.