• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS VC++ 4.0 and 6.0: lib file compatibility

This topic is 6072 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just tried to compile a project with my VC++ 4.0 package. Yes, I know it seems ancient, but it has served me just fine. However, it reported to me that a .lib file I was trying to link was corrupt. Is it possible that there are new features in more recently built .lib files that make them readable only by versions 5.0 and 6.0? I don''t mind going out and buying 6.0, but I don''t want to do that if that is not the problem. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Advertisement
I got the same problem, only i use VC 5.. But i''m not sure if its the compiler version or the library files i use. I''ve always used DX7 sdk, but recently installed dx8 sdk. After that, ddraw.lib and dxguid.lib wouldnt link to my sources, i only got some fatal error saying my file was corrupt or missing. No clue how to fix it. Anyone?

The specific error I am getting is:

fatal error LNK1106: invalid file or disk full: cannot seek to 0x3b2568b4

Now, the disk is absolutely not full. I fairly certain the file is not invalid, as it is a lib file. I am assuming that it has a new format unreadable by version 4.0.

• Advertisement