Sign in to follow this  

Xinput conflict

This topic is 2493 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I made game that uses xinput in C++ but for some reason xinput comes with two different SDKs: the Directx SDK and the Windows SDK. My problem is that the Windows SDK version is only a stripped down version of the Directx one, I need to use headers from both SDKs but I have no way of specifying which header I want include or which library I want to link with and it always defaults to the windows SDK version of the API. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

When you're specifying your include/library paths in the project settings, make sure the DirectX SDK paths are above the Windows SDK in the list. That way when you try to include something like DirectX or XInput, it'll use the DirectX SDK version, and for other stuff it will use the Windows SDK.

[quote name='Flimflam' timestamp='1297913198' post='4775246']
When you're specifying your include/library paths in the project settings, make sure the DirectX SDK paths are above the Windows SDK in the list. That way when you try to include something like DirectX or XInput, it'll use the DirectX SDK version, and for other stuff it will use the Windows SDK.
[/quote]

I tried that and it still defaults to the windows SDK version, btw I'm using vc++ 2010.

This topic is 2493 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.