• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prozak

PDA - iPAQ - Newbie

This topic is 6226 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, I''m considering buying a PDA fo my birthday, and I like the iPAQs the most, but i get so confused with the serial names 3635 3650, which one is best? Which was the last one to come out? It seems everyone is raving about 3635... Plz, help me out! Gazillion thanx, Hugo Ferreira UniteK Future "Concentrate, and you can see it. If you see it, then it is possible. If it is possible, you can Achieve it."

Advertisement
Whoa! Don''t give in to MS! Go buy a Palm man. Cheaper, more software, better OS... NOT MICROSOFT!

I''d suggest a Handspring Visor - www.handspring.com or the new Sony Clie

~Shaun Patterson
Palm Software Developer

I''d have to agree on the OS issue, if only as a matter of principle. Microsoft memos were discovered instructing programmers to make sure that Windows 98 (I think it was 98, 2000 maybe) was incompatible with the Palm series. That kind of attitude pisses me off.

On the other hand, if you''re not buying your PDA to make a political statement, just get whatever works best for what you''re doing. My mom is ordering iPAQ 3650s for the government lab she works for, and she thinks they work just great.

~Subliminal Love~

-Jeeze... ya come home for an hour and your mom starts telling you what to post...

Hmmmm...guess that memo didn''t get passed to the right people since the palm software works fine on both 98 and 2000.

I''ve used both a Palm and a WinCE device. I prefer the CE device hands down. The larger, color screen was nice, the large amounts of RAM was really useful, and the expandability...CF+ network cards, 500 MB Micro harddrive, etc. Also, WinCE has better software...pocket word, pocket outlook, pocket IE, pocket excel, etc. The next version will be even cooler...with pocket Powerpoint and a terminal services client (for Win2k servers, and WinXP workstations).

Epolevne

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!