Jump to content
  • Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

mathematical morphology with photoshop

This topic is 2710 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Recommended Posts


Does anyone know of any free or cheap photoshop filter that will do the basic morphological image processing operations. In particular I need the grayscale version of erosion. I can't imagine that such a photoshop filter doesn't exist, but I can seem to find one.

While you're waiting for a reply, you may want to look at the 'Maximum' and 'Minimum' filters (found under 'Other'). In a two-color black-and-white image, 'Maximum' = Erode, and 'Minimum' = Dilate. (Caveat: This works in the inf-norm (level sets are AABBs), not the 2-norm (the Euclidean norm; level sets are circles).)

(You can always improvise with the Expand/Contract selection modifiers as well, but I know that'd be extremely clunky.)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!