Sign in to follow this  
GhostfromTexas

Visual Studio build options

I've done a lot of digging through the University of Google but haven't found anything so far. I am managing a fairly large project at the moment and our compile times do get quite large. Right now depending on the way I want to compile, I have go to in and change several options under my debug configuration to swap between doing incremental builds and multi-processor builds.

By doing a multi-processor build (/MP), then incremental build option (/Gm) must be turned off. Which is fine, but I am looking for a way to easily swap between different build options under the SAME configuration. I don't want a new configuration.. i want this to all work under debug mode. Preferably, I'd like to be able to create a toolbar button or keyboard shortcut that will build the project differently depending on which button I hit.

Does anyone know of the ability to do this or an addin that will help?

I am using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Edition

Thanks for your time!

[quote name='GhostfromTexas' timestamp='1298134247' post='4776346']
I don't want a new configuration.. i want this to all work under debug mode.
[/quote]
Hm, but the preferred way of doing this IS configurations: You would create a new "multi-processor, debug" and copy the settings of your "debug". Now disable "/Gm" and enable "/MP" only for the new config, compile, and there you are: Debugable /MP-Code.