Sign in to follow this  

Greedy Car Thieves

This topic is 2401 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Welcome everybody,

I would like to introduce you to a game that is currently being developed, but a playable beta version is available already. We would like to invite you to tests and ask you to share your opinions with us. At the moment there is only a multi-player version available (it's the one that gives most fun after all!), yet in the final version there will most probably be included a single-player campaign.

WWW: [url="http://gct-game.net"]http://gct-game.net[/url]

We're waiting for you!

btw: if you are interested in technology or techniques that we have used, feel free to ask :)

The vid on site looks promising, but I wasn't able to join any game (server list was blank in the first place). When I'm trying to host, just so I can look at the game on my own -> it pops up with the console initialising the net. etc, and...... that's it;)

Yeah, the server finder doesn work yet so you can join the semi-official server platinum.linux.pl. As for the hosting... are you sure you had "Dedicated" checkbox unchecked? ;). To get a server running and join the game all you need to do is simply run gct-game-startup_Release.exe and press "Host!" button in the "Host" tab.

'Dedicated' checkbox didn't sort it on its own -> I had to play with some gfx settings and I managed to launch it.

First impression - hells yeah!;) Feels like the old good GTAs before they went 'proper 3d', awesome. I know it's a wip so I'm probably gonna tell you some stuff you already know:
- There was something about the lights I didn't like. I mean, the action (when I launched it) was supposingly 'taking place at night', so I expected a bit of a dark vibe, the usual -> but the whole town was bright-weird overwhelmingly glowing (bloom maybe?).
- I was on my own, no other players of course, not doing a lot -> constant 15 - 19 fps (D3D9 full screen 1024x768) and this is not because my pc is ancient
- sometimes the camera shakes in an odd manner when your character collide with stuff

But I like it and I'm looking forward to see some progress

Damn, should have posted some more info back then, cause I don't remember now;(

I must have used Nvidia gfx if that's any help - either a clocked 8800GT or 260GTX, inglorious Vista. As far as I can remember, the GL renderer wouldn't launch for me. I'll give it another shot some point this week hopefully.

How's the dev going anyways?;)

Due to many requests (mostly supported with complains about not-working server finder) we've decided to publish a current dev version. The version has also some other improvements, like many more diversified sounds (they really kick ass!). For more info go to http://gct-game.net :)

Sign in to follow this