Greedy Car Thieves

Started by
5 comments, last by maxest 12 years, 11 months ago
Welcome everybody,

I would like to introduce you to a game that is currently being developed, but a playable beta version is available already. We would like to invite you to tests and ask you to share your opinions with us. At the moment there is only a multi-player version available (it's the one that gives most fun after all!), yet in the final version there will most probably be included a single-player campaign.

WWW: http://gct-game.net

We're waiting for you!

btw: if you are interested in technology or techniques that we have used, feel free to ask :)
Advertisement
The vid on site looks promising, but I wasn't able to join any game (server list was blank in the first place). When I'm trying to host, just so I can look at the game on my own -> it pops up with the console initialising the net. etc, and...... that's it;)
Yeah, the server finder doesn work yet so you can join the semi-official server platinum.linux.pl. As for the hosting... are you sure you had "Dedicated" checkbox unchecked? ;). To get a server running and join the game all you need to do is simply run gct-game-startup_Release.exe and press "Host!" button in the "Host" tab.
'Dedicated' checkbox didn't sort it on its own -> I had to play with some gfx settings and I managed to launch it.

First impression - hells yeah!;) Feels like the old good GTAs before they went 'proper 3d', awesome. I know it's a wip so I'm probably gonna tell you some stuff you already know:
- There was something about the lights I didn't like. I mean, the action (when I launched it) was supposingly 'taking place at night', so I expected a bit of a dark vibe, the usual -> but the whole town was bright-weird overwhelmingly glowing (bloom maybe?).
- I was on my own, no other players of course, not doing a lot -> constant 15 - 19 fps (D3D9 full screen 1024x768) and this is not because my pc is ancient
- sometimes the camera shakes in an odd manner when your character collide with stuff

But I like it and I'm looking forward to see some progress
Hmm... maybe try OpenGL renderer? What GFX options exactly did you have set on? Could you show some screenshot?
Damn, should have posted some more info back then, cause I don't remember now;(

I must have used Nvidia gfx if that's any help - either a clocked 8800GT or 260GTX, inglorious Vista. As far as I can remember, the GL renderer wouldn't launch for me. I'll give it another shot some point this week hopefully.

How's the dev going anyways?;)
Due to many requests (mostly supported with complains about not-working server finder) we've decided to publish a current dev version. The version has also some other improvements, like many more diversified sounds (they really kick ass!). For more info go to http://gct-game.net :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement