Know good C++ reference sites?

Started by
2 comments, last by Zlodo 13 years, 1 month ago
Hi,
Anybody know good C++ reference sites or something similar? Currently, sometimes I use www.cplusplus.com and MSDN.
Also it would be nice if somebody can list some SDL reference sites or sth...
I need some place to see if I need to find some function or something...

Deltron Zero and Automator.

Advertisement
The SGI site is a reasonable reference for the Standard C++ Library, although it is little incomplete and out of date and will be missing lots of the sweet stuff coming up in the next release. I personally find MSDN awful, I can't abide reading it when I can avoid it. I generally managed between sgi and www.cplusplus.com. Then again I'm always coming from Google so I don't think about it too much.

SDL has reasonably good reference on the SDL documentation wiki. Ensure you are using the right version (the SDL 1.2 documentation is a little deeper now). For tutorials it is hard to beat Lazy Foo's tutorial set.
Yeah, I agree with you, cause Im using Lazy Foo tutorials know for learning SDL ;)

Deltron Zero and Automator.

Since I can use gcc 4.6 and the latest c++0x features they have implemented on my personal project, I found myself using the latest draft standard directly as reference lately (http://www.open-std..../2010/n3225.pdf is currently the latest one).

It's actually not as bad as you'd think it would be as reference material. The language in the library sections is not too lawyerly, and at least you know it's exhaustive.

I don't know where to obtain the c++03 equivalent, though. I suppose you can dig it up somewhere in the papers section of the C++ standardization committee website (just search "wg21" in google)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement