Sign in to follow this  

DirectX in a console

This topic is 2487 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have been curious about creating DirectX in a console program using int main instead of int WINAPI WinMain, from my understandings you cannot do this, but I have noticed you choose your renderer device in Irrlicht Engine and it is all created in a int main function and very clean. Anyone have any ideas or examples of how this works I am more curious from a learning point of view, any suggestions/pointers are much appreciated. Thank you.

[quote name='Tispe' timestamp='1298392838' post='4777567']
you won't get any messages from windows with winproc then I guess
[/quote]
Is that true though? If you use main() rather than WinMain(), make the appropriate changes to your project to facilitate that, use GetModuleHandle() to get the application instance handle, and then do everything else as you would normally, would that not work? (I don't know, as I've never tried it myself - I'm just curious.)

[quote name='Tispe' timestamp='1298392838' post='4777567']
you won't get any messages from windows with winproc then I guess
[/quote]
That's not true at all. It works fine as described.

This topic is 2487 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.