Sign in to follow this  
denis3387

Algorythm for a description of the human body

Hello guys, I have to develop an algorythm for my company. For several angles of the human body I have to find out which position the body is in. For example if the angle between upper leg and lower leg is 90 degrees AND the angle between upper leg and torso is also 90 degrees you can say that the position of the body is called “sitting”.

The problem is that these degrees are not always 90 degrees, so you have to implement a probability or an area of degrees like 85-95 degrees.

Do you have an idea for a good implementation? I wrote something like a pseudo-code, but I’m not sure if this is right…

Thank you very much!!

If you have these measurements you could try using machine learning. Your measurement vectors would be the various angles of different parts of the body. You would then classify a bunch of positions and feed this into a ML algorithm such as a multi-class SVM. The ML algorithm would then create a classifier that you can feed other measurements into, and it would provide you with a reasonable guess as to the position.