Character 1: Blast from the Past

Started by
2 comments, last by locutus 22 years, 7 months ago
Hello, this is first charachter of fiftey charachters stories for the game "project 0" (http://go.to/project0/) Blast from the Past is cold heart murder. He was born in Barcenlona, Spain, with parents who hurt him. In school he belong to supreme gang: extreme. They chose him to be gang head master, to lead gang up to the best. He fought hardest against all fo's of the south of the town, using cold ice fist. In the night, he would be sad because of murder he do during the day. This caused him to think of happy story of which is following: A little old lady walked to the park filled with the choicest of flowers, trees, ponds and grass She smiled as she smelt the fresh, wonderfull scent of the flowers growing amongst the trails. Happiness filled her heart to the brim. She had recieved all she had wished for, she had a loving son who simply adored her, as well as a wonderful husband who was an absolute joy to be around. this story would not make happy come. Blast from the Past made haste with murder murder, and grew up into large Blast from the Past. He vows to win all the tournament: project 0, and be victor. ------------------- end of story What do you guys think? The concept behind this story is that most of it is written in the style of broken japanese translation, except for the quote in the middle describing the true hapiness blast from the past longs for. I feel that this device is symbolic of how the life story of blast from the past is a broken, sad story, while his fantasy describes life as it should be, with english grammer as it should be. Of course the primary reason for using this device is innovation, but it can be further justified for the reason I just gave. Please comment Edited by - sunandshadow on September 10, 2001 11:44:50 PM
Advertisement
If you want to use an innovative writing style, perhaps you might want to try surreal stream of consciousness? Or perhaps each character could have a style appropriate to his/her personality - one could be Shakespearian, one like Hemmingway with very simple sentences, one like a folktale, etc.

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

Very good idea sun and shadow, I had actually thought of an analogous idea for the charachter graphics. At first I was going to use cell shading for the 3d graphics of the game. Each charachter would be created out of a different painterly effect, one painted in the style of monet, a sort of blurry think painting style, another drawn with charcoal, another a particle swarm of flys, another a wireframe charachter, etc. Actually I think I am going to go with a more straightforward graphics style, for gameplay reasons, however, I will have each storyline for each charachter have a different concept.

Well, to me, the ''broken Japanese translation'' comes across like Zero Wing, which makes it more amusing than anything. That''s just a personal opinion though, and perhaps I am not your intended audience, anyway.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement