Gamers virtual machine for game designing

Started by
16 comments, last by gamersvm 13 years, 1 month ago
Gamers is a virtual machine program created by me, for game design. Gamers programming language is a simple language that any one can learn, though it will be a lot easier if you already have some experience in some other programming language, since Gamers programming language is a new programming language. I have remove bugs from the programming language,but creating a programming language doe not mean i know all the errors in the program, hopefully the more people use Gamers and alert me of the errors they encounter, i will be able to fix more error until they are no more errors in the program.
They are two part in Gamers (1) the virtual machine that interpret the codes and execute the games for users to play and (2) the compiler. The virtual machine,Gamers, is freeware and the current version is 1.5.
I have release two compilers for users, one is freeware (Gamers Compiler Free Edition), while the other (Gamers Compiler Pro), you must buy a key to use it.

The Difference between the two Compiler is

They will be no updates or any other version for the free edition.
The free version does not support threads.
Only one sound file is allowed in the free version.
Only one text file is allowed in the free version.
Only .bmp file can be use in Gamers Compiler free edition.

They will be updates and other versions for the pro version.
Pro version supports threads.
You can use any number of sound file in pro version.
You can use any number of text file in pro version.
Game designers can use .png,.jpg and .bmp image files in Gamers Compiler pro.

visit- www.gamersvm.co.cc for more info and to download this software.
Advertisement
I got some questions. You have written a script engine like lua, right ?
Do you have any reference projects already written with your program ?
How does your performance compare to other (free) scripting languages ? How much faster is your compiled version ?
Is there any IDE supporting your programming language ?

Gamers is a virtual machine program created by me, for game design. Gamers programming language is a simple language that any one can learn, though it will be a lot easier if you already have some experience in some other programming language, since Gamers programming language is a new programming language. I have remove bugs from the programming language,but creating a programming language doe not mean i know all the errors in the program, hopefully the more people use Gamers and alert me of the errors they encounter, i will be able to fix more error until they are no more errors in the program.
They are two part in Gamers (1) the virtual machine that interpret the codes and execute the games for users to play and (2) the compiler. The virtual machine,Gamers, is freeware and the current version is 1.5.
I have release two compilers for users, one is freeware (Gamers Compiler Free Edition), while the other (Gamers Compiler Pro), you must buy a key to use it.

While it is a cool idea, as you are starting I don't think it's smart for you to be charging for such basic features yet. Get a user base with a free trial period and then start charging people. Be wary of over monetizing too soon.

[quote name='Gamersvm' timestamp='1298454816' post='4777893']

While it is a cool idea, as you are starting I don't think it's smart for you to be charging for such basic features yet. Get a user base with a free trial period and then start charging people. Be wary of over monetizing too soon.
[/quote]

i think, how fast it compiles depends on your system, but it compile fast on my system.
As for monitizing, i dont think i over monitize, because i gave a free version which is enough to create a full game. Although for now, it is basic, but its not going to be basic for ever. The more version i release the more it will be upgraded.

i think, how fast it compiles depends on your system, but it compile fast on my system.
As for monitizing, i dont think i over monitize, because i gave a free version which is enough to create a full game. Although for now, it is basic, but its not going to be basic for ever. The more version i release the more it will be upgraded.

Doesn't that kind of go against, " They will be no updates or any other version for the free edition"?
Is the documentation available without downloading and installing the compiler?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm unlikely to install any software without being able to at least see some documentation beforehand - how would I know if it is likely to be of any use to me?
Moving to Your Announcements

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

If you use the free version with one bmp texture, does that mean all the walls, monsters, items, weapons, and so on, all have the same texture?

What kind of syntax does the programming language use? Is the syntax inspired by an existing language?

Why are the download links on the website buttons that don't reveal the URL of the link if you hover the mouse over them?

[quote name='Gamersvm' timestamp='1298480355' post='4778019']

Doesn't that kind of go against, " They will be no updates or any other version for the free edition"?
[/quote]

the updates and other versions will be for gamers vm and gamers compiler pro, users who stays with the free edition will have to stay at the basics. You cant blame me for being a little greedy, you dont know my problems, they are tons of things i could have being doing but instead i gave them up to finish this software. If it was that easy, i would have given the hole thing for free but its not.

Is the documentation available without downloading and installing the compiler?

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm unlikely to install any software without being able to at least see some documentation beforehand - how would I know if it is likely to be of any use to me?

gamers vm and gamers compilers has the same documentations in their folders. This was done because i realise some user me want only gamers vm, this way they can learn about gamers compiler and gamers programming without installing the compiler.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement