Sign in to follow this  
mpc91193

Pygame, Python?

So ive been looking into this framework called pygame + python. anyone here can tell me about it from experience? Im done more reading as we speak. Is python hard to learn, ive heard its used for rapid prototyping.

Python is one of the easier languages to learn, and it is often recommended for beginners. Pygame is a simple 2D game library, and is also a good starting point. If you are new to programming, those are good choices to learn from.

Another recommendation for Python and PyGame here - easy to jump into and perfectly capable of producing a decent 2D game. It's ideal for a beginner and generally has a good reputation.

I've used it for a couple of arcadey games, and also still use it regularly for prototyping and messing around with gameplay ideas.

Chalk up one more vote for Python and Pygame. I think that's an excellent set of tools to choose for a beginning game programmer!

I've used it before and look forward to using it again for putting together some games quickly.

Only easier way to make 2D games IMO is to use something like GameMaker, BlitzBasic, Unity, etc which is not really seen as a limited sense of game programming.