Sign in to follow this  
woofbluddywoof

Release version - MSVCP100.dll

Hi all,
am currently trying to put my first release version together. I went to test it on another computer and got the MSVCP100.dll missing message. I found on another thread that this is due to visual studio itself installing some required dlls - and it was suggested that this could be solved by changing, in the Code Generation properties, the runtime library to Multi-threaded (/MT) . However when I do this and try to re-build VS starts throwing up a whole bunch of errors, eg.

msvcrt.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
msvcrt.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
etc. - basically a whole bunch of stuff to do with the VS runtime library

Can anyone help me with this?

much appreciated.

[quote name='woofbluddywoof' timestamp='1298495431' post='4778132']
Hi all,
am currently trying to put my first release version together. I went to test it on another computer and got the MSVCP100.dll missing message. I found on another thread that this is due to visual studio itself installing some required dlls - and it was suggested that this could be solved by changing, in the Code Generation properties, the runtime library to Multi-threaded (/MT) . However when I do this and try to re-build VS starts throwing up a whole bunch of errors, eg.

msvcrt.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: __thiscall type_info::type_info(class type_info const &)" (??0type_info@@AAE@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
msvcrt.lib(ti_inst.obj) : error LNK2005: "private: class type_info & __thiscall type_info::operator=(class type_info const &)" (??4type_info@@AAEAAV0@ABV0@@Z) already defined in LIBCMT.lib(typinfo.obj)
etc. - basically a whole bunch of stuff to do with the VS runtime library

Can anyone help me with this?

much appreciated.
[/quote]
What you want to do now is to not link against LIBCMT which can be achieved through the properties in the project aswell. Go to the linker option of the project properties and in the box next to "Ignore Specific Libraries" type in "LIBCMT.lib". [url="http://msdn.microsof...bh5ewb2(v=vs.71).aspx"]MSDN help on LIBCMT[/url]