Sfml buffer overrun in release build

Started by
7 comments, last by 21st Century Moose 13 years, 1 month ago
For some reason on my version of VC++ 2010 i cant create a release build. I keep gettin a buffer overrun error. What could be the problem? I linked my libs fine because i can run it in debug.
Advertisement
Posting some code might allow for someone to respond faster. Also which version of SFML are you using 1.6 or 2.0 beta? I recommend using 2.0 beta as it is more efficient than the later and I have had zero problems with it in the past.
Can you please give us the exact error message, and show us your code?

Did you link to the debug versions of the libs? If so, did you also link to the non-debug versions for release? You haven't linked to the debug versions for release?

- Jason Astle-Adams

Sorry i dont have access to the code right now but i can tell you that i linked to the static libraries and it still sends me that error
how do i download SFML 2.0???
Have you turned on buffer overrun detection for your debug build? I highly recommend it; it's even capable of catching stuff like this:
int blah[64];
int rhubarb[1024];
int *blahblah = blah;

blahblah[666] = 27;

Project | Properties | Configuration Properties | C/C++ | Code Generation.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

Have you turned on buffer overrun detection for your debug build? I highly recommend it; it's even capable of catching stuff like this:
int blah[64];
int rhubarb[1024];
int *blahblah = blah;

blahblah[666] = 27;

how do i activate it?
and by the way...its not the debug im having trouble with...its the release
how do i download SFML 2.0??? [/quote]

Here is the link to the SVN Snapshot of SFML 2.0 beta Download. Also you are going to need to pick up CMake to build the SVN Snapshot for a specific version of your IDE E.g. VS2010, VS2008, etc... If you need help with the instructions on how to build this in Visual Studios I would be glad to assist you with that, just let me know if you can't get it figured out.

[quote name='mhagain' timestamp='1298574576' post='4778568']
int blah[64];
int rhubarb[1024];
int *blahblah = blah;

blahblah[666] = 27;

how do i activate it?
and by the way...its not the debug im having trouble with...its the release
[/quote]

That's OK, I know that. A Debug build will often benignly swallow errors that a Release build chokes on, so what you want to do is tell your Debug build to be a little stricter, and this is one of the ways you can do so.

I just told you how to activate it, by the way: Project | Properties | Configuration Properties | C/C++ | Code Generation

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement