Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Silly newbie question -> *.h and *.cpp

This topic is 5977 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi... i have read some c++ books, but they only told the syntax and methods of the language. Right now, i want to build my own lib and have some problems to divide the code into headers and source files. For example: I have a function foo() which should be in the lib.cpp and some globals and defines and the foo-prototyp which sould be in the lib.h. The lib.cpp needs to have access to the stuff in the lib.h of course. Now i want to have a main.cpp which has access to the foo()-function AND the globals etc. in the lib.h. How to do? (or any from-the-ground-up tutorials for that ?) THANKS VERY MUCH

Just include the lib.h (#include "lib.h") in your main.cpp. Don''t forget to add both files to your project if you are using VC++.
(BTW if you want to make a "real" library you need to compile the lib.cpp to a .lib-file and then include the lib.h in your main.cpp and add the .lib-File to your project instead of the lib.cpp)

baumep