reason i love my wife

Started by
79 comments, last by klems 13 years, 1 month ago

Wow, when i woke up this morning i only expected like one or two posts. Maybe something like: I like windows, or i like ubuntu too. Not someone who says that my wife and i are dumb-asses and my wife is going to dumb my ass for some stupid reason.

So SORRY for liking my wife's preference of operating systems. And SORRY you can't accept other's people choices even if they are in this 90% over generalized range you speak of.

I would think you were half intelligent if you did a dual install and played your games on windows but if you honestly think using wine makes more sense than windows for video games then I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and tell you that your logic fails hard...
Advertisement

[quote name='Enders' timestamp='1298822451' post='4779685']
Wow, when i woke up this morning i only expected like one or two posts. Maybe something like: I like windows, or i like ubuntu too. Not someone who says that my wife and i are dumb-asses and my wife is going to dumb my ass for some stupid reason.

So SORRY for liking my wife's preference of operating systems. And SORRY you can't accept other's people choices even if they are in this 90% over generalized range you speak of.

I would think you were half intelligent if you did a duel install and played your games on windows but if you honestly think using wine makes more sense than windows for video games then I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and tell you that your logic fails hard...
[/quote]The next time you're going to insult someone's intelligence, I suggest you think hard about the difference between dual and duel unless you feel like embarrassing yourself further.

Your argument also depends on OP wanting to run the very latest games; many old gems run like crap or not at all under Windows 7 or even Windows XP, whereas Wine handles them perfectly.

Funny you should mention python
Disregarding the irony of a developer depending on Python 2.x complaining about distros are shipping old versions, why not simply put Python 2.6 as a dependency and explicitly specify #!/usr/bin/python2.6 rather than #!/usr/bin/python as the first line of any executable script?

(Also, complaining about incompatible "broken" Python versions when your application is written in Ruby, a language with no official specification, seems... odd.)

I would think you were half intelligent if you did a duel install and played your games on windows but if you honestly think using wine makes more sense than windows for video games then I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon and tell you that your logic fails hard...
[/quote]If you're going to insult someone's intelligence, then I suggest you learn the difference between dual and duel. Your argument also depends on OP wanting to run the very latest games; many old gems run like crap or not at all under Windows 7 or even Windows XP, whereas Wine handles them perfectly.
Cut the guy a break, he just installed Linux. Of course he's cranky! He's been up all night scouring the web for the encyclopedia length mailing list posts he needs to read through to get every simple thing half working.

BTW, How many gigabytes worth of needless 'gpl.txt' duplicate files is Linux up to now?

I think this may very well be the year o[s]f the Linux Desktop[/s] that Richard Stallman takes a bath, shaves, and cuts his hair.

[quote name='SteveDeFacto' timestamp='1298824010' post='4779691']

[/quote]If you're going to insult someone's intelligence, then I suggest you learn the difference between dual and duel. Your argument also depends on OP wanting to run the very latest games; many old gems run like crap or not at all under Windows 7 or even Windows XP, whereas Wine handles them perfectly.
[/quote]

OK, then I guess he should have installed vista instead. I am running vista and have almost no problems running old games.

[quote name='valderman' timestamp='1298825005' post='4779701']
[quote name='SteveDeFacto' timestamp='1298824010' post='4779691']

[/quote]

OK, then I guess he should have installed vista instead. I am running vista and have almost no problems running old games.
[/quote]That's great, your old games work on Vista; mine don't. There are also most likely lots of games that run just fine under both. Would you care to explain why choosing either method to run said games would have any bearing on one's intelligence?
What's wrong with DosBox (the emulator) and VirtualBox (or VirtualPC) - when it comes to old games? I'm a customer of GOG, so I played a lot of old games.
Well, why not just run Wine under Windows if it's able to run the old games?

(Yes, Wine also runs under Windows!)

Oh and let's not forget all of the shit programs that are included with a walmart bought dell.

well there's ur problem right there...

And what's wrong with the windows 7 start bar? I find it much more useful than XPs, and there are options to get it to work pretty much exactly like the XP start bar. My control panel also loads just as fast as it ever did on XP.

Most of your problems lead me to believe you saw problems and jumped to linus rather than looking into solving the problem, because most of the problems you gave are a function of windows 7's default configuration and are easily solved by spending 15 minutes poking around.
Acer has always been good about default Windows OS installs. They include:

1 Windows OS
Acer Hotkey program that is easily removed
That's it.

:)

What are the problems with the Windows 7 bar? I could never go back to the old ones now.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement