Some music to spice up your games

Started by
19 comments, last by touch_the_sky 12 years, 11 months ago
Well, I hope that's the right forum for my little announcement.

You know what they say - everybody needs a hobby. And I've got one - music that is;). Whenever I have time (not much of this thing), I like to play the guitar, record, compose, mix, tweak synth knobs and get involved with the whole production process.

Please have a look at some of my work and tell me what you think:

Dark Fire - for the fans of devilish, haunted guitars & eternal darkness (NOT death metal, etc.)
Acid Journey - a bit of a psychodelic, trancey-guitary mixture
Cold Fusion - energetic, punchy, fresh & with some nice riffs / melodies
Mass Bass - well, the title says a lot here ;)

And there's more, slowly, but surely coming in. Now, back to code!;)
Advertisement
Not even a view;( Come on guys, where's the get feedback - give feedback spirit?

Not even a view;( Come on guys, where's the get feedback - give feedback spirit?

I like the first two the most.

The third is a bit too chaotic for me, and the fourth to bassy for me :)

The first song has some parts that remind me a bit of some Zerg music of StarCraft 1 :)
Thanks for your feedback, I used to play SC1 quite a bit, so maybe some Zerg theme sits somewhere in my head;)
A bit of an update with this Weird Melodic soundtrack and a rather dark trancy tune which I meant to post the other day.

Feedback much appreciated
Bump

Sunny Morning
not bad... very reminiscent of Satriani.
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.
I recommend using a site that doesn't place "iStockAudio" over your music from now on. That was very aggravating when listening to otherwise good music (although it almost fit on Acid Journey...)

That said, cold fusion was very punchy, but there were specific moments of it that I didn't like (most majorly, the first couple of seconds were a bit annoying honestly). Acid Journey and Dark Fire were excellent pieces. Mass Bass could use a little less mass, if you get what I mean.

Cold fusion and Dark Fire could probably be used for many games, but I don't think that Acid Journey is too fitting to games. Mass Bass could be used for battle music or something, I guess.
Pretty cool sounds,

have you considered uploading music to the newgrounds.com audio portal, I'm sure it will get a lot more listens and uses from there.

"To know the road ahead, ask those coming back."

Thanks guys for taking time to listen to my stuff and feedback

not bad... very reminiscent of Satriani. [/quote]
Hehe, Satriani although not my 'all time favourite' is one of the guys I like listening to. Probably for the fact that apart from extraordinary technique, there's tons of melody and actual music in his playing (I'm not a great fan of guitar players whose ONLY goal is to show you how fast and precise they can go - music is not sport imho).

Cold fusion and Dark Fire could probably be used for many games, but I don't think that Acid Journey is too fitting to games. Mass Bass could be used for battle music or something, I guess. [/quote]
I'll think about it the next time 'I get creative', the nearest possible one (if it gets approved by the inspectors) will be something totally different -> more aimed at some product for 'the little ones' (Childrens music category - dreamy bells, nice & calm, cheerful pizzicato strings, etc.;)

As for the lyrics ('istockaudio... istockaudio...';) and putting my stuff on other sites - I am sort of tied to istock at the moment, but I'll have a look around. Bear in mind, music is not my main occupation / profession as such (I'm a programmer / webdev), so it would be difficult for me to keep up with loads of sites, updating, etc. due to limited time I normally have.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement