Some music to spice up your games

Started by
19 comments, last by touch_the_sky 12 years, 11 months ago

(I'm not a great fan of guitar players whose ONLY goal is to show you how fast and precise they can go - music is not sport imho)

Probably the same reason people love distortion so much, if it's hard to understand, it's less likely to hear peoples mistakes.
[ dev journal ]
[ current projects' videos ]
[ Zolo Project ]
I'm not mean, I just like to get to the point.
Advertisement

Well, I hope that's the right forum for my little announcement.

You know what they say - everybody needs a hobby. And I've got one - music that is;). Whenever I have time (not much of this thing), I like to play the guitar, record, compose, mix, tweak synth knobs and get involved with the whole production process.

Please have a look at some of my work and tell me what you think:

Dark Fire - for the fans of devilish, haunted guitars & eternal darkness (NOT death metal, etc.)
Acid Journey - a bit of a psychodelic, trancey-guitary mixture
Cold Fusion - energetic, punchy, fresh & with some nice riffs / melodies
Mass Bass - well, the title says a lot here ;)

And there's more, slowly, but surely coming in. Now, back to code!;)

I liked the first two a lot, but I could listen to the other ones cause of the "istockaudio" thing. Your "morning sun" Sounds sweet too!
Not bad. I've just been listening to the sound track for The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile, and this seems to fit in fairly closely. Just a thought on the Cold Fusion track - try making the pauses at the beginning progressively shorter. I'd think that if I heard that in a game I'd be a bit worried that the audio was tripping out.
I liked Dark Fire, Acid Trip and Sunny Morning. I liked parts of Cold Fusion, the last few seconds and 1:52-2:40 or so, but I agree with nfries88 about the beginning.
Probably the same reason people love distortion so much, if it's hard to understand, it's less likely to hear peoples mistakes. [/quote]
Hmm yeah, I think I know what you mean (you can also use wah to effectively 'blur' your mistakes), in a number of cases distortion / effects (reverb / delay and others) can make your mistakes more obvious though.

Thanks for your feedback everyone, makes me 'think about stuff' to hopefully create something better next time. As number of people seems to dislike intro for Cold Fusion (but overall the tune seems ok), it would be probably a good idea to have different versions uploaded next time (intro / no intro, seemlessly loopable / not loopable, etc.).

I didn't know about The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile before btw, looks damn good;)
I think if they made a Kill Bill 3, Acid Journey would probably be the theme. It has that old western feel to it because of the electric guitar in the background. I love the electro sounds in it.

Cold Fusion made me think of Sonic games. It has an adventuristic feel. I love the part at 1:53.

Mass Bass made me think of Mirror's Edge for some reason. I think the music would fit well with a videogame like that. You have the tightest synth sounds in this.

Dark Fire started out giving me the creeps so it gets the job done alright lol. I think it'd fit well with a game like Resident Evil with all the grunge, eerie guitar riffs, and menacing ambience.

Your mixes are way loud but the quality sounds great. I don't even hear any clipping. You get two snaps up for that.

Game Music Life

Because Game Music Is Life

I think if they made a Kill Bill 3, Acid Journey would probably be the theme. It has that old western feel to it because of the electric guitar in the background. I love the electro sounds in it.[/quote]
Thanks Laina, I think that if the Kill Bill team somehow found me and put my music on their movie I would possibly reconsider changing my profession into the 'full-time music guy';)

As for Cold Fusion, this was the sort of thing I had in mind while making it. The part which starts at 1:53 was supposed to contain some weird complex stuff on top of it, but the guitar chord progression and overall sound is too awesome to ruin it with sth else

Your mixes are way loud but the quality sounds great. I don't even hear any clipping. You get two snaps up for that. [/quote]
Hehe, I always try to 'push the sound up' as much as possible without compromising the quality. Two snaps, you mean 2 more rep points here? Yeah, I'd be totally happy with that;)

Thanks for feedback, motivates me and there's obviously more coming

Hehe, I always try to 'push the sound up' as much as possible without compromising the quality. Two snaps, you mean 2 more rep points here? Yeah, I'd be totally happy with that;)

Thanks for feedback, motivates me and there's obviously more coming

I actually suffer with that lol. Two snaps up = You're awesome.
You're welcome. I look forward to hearing what you come up with next. =]

Game Music Life

And here's my next delivery:

Positive Bells - well, as the name suggests, a cheerful, soft instrumental (kids puzzle game anyone?)

Epic Story - one of my personal favourites, this tune is full of emotions (even goes up a tone at the end for a more dramatic effect;)

Looking forward to your opinions, also if you like some of my stuff please click the green 'thumbs up'. Thanks
Positive bells didn't really sound that soft to me. It sounded a little more epic I think because of the strings. It did sound cheerful and reminded me of innocence in some parts and in other parts it made me think of an incredibly sweet emotional scene.

Epic Story sounded repetitive but I love that electric guitar whine at 1:17, it definitely had passion. I think it would've been nice to hear more of the guitar in the song. It would've sounded less repetitive on the parts where there was no guitar. All in all it was a good song. I think I'd fit it in the ending of a good action movie. It sounds like it would fit an action movie.

I would've given you two thumbs up on both songs but I couldn't find the icon. Lol sorry. Maybe it requires sign up.

Game Music Life

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement