windows function optimized out of code?

Started by
3 comments, last by Endurion 13 years, 1 month ago
Calling CreateWindowEx in my project, and placing a breakpoint on the line, a tooltip pops up saying "The breakpoint will not be hit. No executable code is associated with this line. Possible causes include: preprocessor directives or compiler/linker optimizations."

This code is a part of a co-worker's movie widget code, and he's not had this issue. Nor have others, but I've also been doing a large scale code update (involving .dlls, which I'm new to). Anyway, does anyone have any clues how this could happen? I've not used any preprocessor directives to take the code out myself... I need this function so the widget has an hWnd to draw to...
Advertisement
I've seen that before. My best guess is that CreateWindowEx is actually a #define, to CreateWindowExW for Unicode builds or CreateWindowExA for MBCS builds. You could just call the original function directly and see what happens.

Direct3D has need of instancing, but we do not. We have plenty of glVertexAttrib calls.

I've seen that before. My best guess is that CreateWindowEx is actually a #define, to CreateWindowExW for Unicode builds or CreateWindowExA for MBCS builds. You could just call the original function directly and see what happens.

Good thought, but unfortunately that didn't work. Still out.

Good thought, but unfortunately that didn't work. Still out.

Post some code, it will make it easier for others to figure out.

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

Make sure that you don't have optimisations active and are basically using a debug build. These things happen when the code does not match the compiled result.

Fruny: Ftagn! Ia! Ia! std::time_put_byname! Mglui naflftagn std::codecvt eY'ha-nthlei!,char,mbstate_t>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement