Screen Orientation

Started by
3 comments, last by Hodgman 13 years, 1 month ago
Hi All,

Could any one suggest me the optimal solution to change the screen(not an object or not quad or not primitives) orientation through GLSL shaders.
I just want change the orientation of the screen rendered from the framebuffer.

Let me know if you guys any other information is required

Thanks In Advance
Advertisement
I dont know what your trying to but you probably just need to look up how cameras work in 3D. Are you trying to tilt your view?

NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims http://www.pawlowskipinball.com/pinballeternal

I dont know what your trying to but you probably just need to look up how cameras work in 3D. Are you trying to tilt your view?

Thanks for your reply dpadam,

Actually i am working on a simple surface composition framework.so i need to add a functionality to change the orientation of the screen.
I have to achieve this only through shaders.

[size=2] Could any one suggest me the optimal solution to change the screen(not an object or not quad or not primitives) orientation through GLSL shaders.
I just want change the orientation of the screen rendered from the framebuffer.

[color="#1C2837"][size=2]Let me know if you guys any other information is required[size=2]

And here we go (with the requirement of more information ;))

* What do you mean by "screen"? In OpenGL, the term is usual for the covered pixels on the monitor, and hence cannot be changed by OpenGL.
* Changing the orientation in relation to what reference?
* Is "change" restricted to a set of dimensions?
* And what criteria should be "optimal" in the requested solution? Highest precision? Highest speed? Lowest count of instructions? ... Any combination?
To copy one image to another, you usually render a full-screen quad using a shader that simply outputs the input image. All you have to do is rotate this quad (or rotate the texture coordinates supplied by the quad).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement