• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
O-san

Texture edge problem

This topic is 2754 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello, I have a problem with the edge of my texture. It appears to be blended to black. The image illustrates the problem, red arrows pointing at problem.

[attachment=1576:edge.png]

I thought the problem had to do with wrapping, so I tried to make the whole texture an even colour but the dark edge still remained (smaller image in top right inset). I have also tried using different clamping parameters, GL_REPEAT and GL_CLAMP_TO_EDGE.

Any thoughts or help appreciated.

Advertisement
Sorry for the rudimentary question, but are you certain you're applying the texture parameters when the correct texture is bound? I would have thought that wrapping or clamping would have fixed your problem.

clamping should indeed not allow you to sample outside of your texture, did you check normals / lighting? try ambient only or smth

Thanks for the replies! I had forgot that If I pad my textures to the nearest pot size i must also add a border to the padded side. I noticed this after I had saved my enlarged texture to a new file.. I fix this and hope that it solves the problem.

[edit]
.. That did it :-)
[/edit]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!