• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
shiqiu1105

DX11 How to combine several lighting effect such as shadow and SSAO and defered shading?

This topic is 2758 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm working on a chess game in XNA.
I wonder if I could combine several effect such as shadow and HDR.

It sounds like a small rendering engine already. Books have covered those techniques individually, but haven't talked about how to integrate them into a whole.

Any suggestions?

And is XNA really inefficient??
I can do DX11 too, but I figure it's not much a big project, so I'd use XNA. But now I'm kinda wavering cuz the inefficiency of managed code..XNA...

Advertisement
XNA is capable of combining Shadow mapping, SSAO, HDR and deferred shading... You just have to add more passes.
-Create a shadow map like you normally would in a forward renderer.
-Create the G-buffer of your deferred renderer.
-Using your G-buffer normal and depth maps calculate the SSAO map.
-In light lighting pass use the G-buffer, the SSAO map and the shadow map to calculate every pixel color.

You can implement HDR at the end like this

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!