On-line Canvas/HTML5 Adventure Game/Comic

Started by
3 comments, last by WreckSector 13 years, 1 month ago
WreckSector.com

While still very much in the alpha stages, I present to you my website, where I plan on posting regular mini adventure games / interactive comics every week or so. At this moment, I have two posts (the latest showing the current state of the engine I'm using). Lots more work I'm planning, but I think the foundation is there. Hope the site works for you!

The technology: JavaScript / HTML5 / Canvas 2d API
Note that you have to use Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera to enjoy the site. The site won't work with Internet Explorer (until 9 comes out!)

You can also see my youtube channel!

Below is a sample of the art style.

sig1.png
Advertisement
Neat! Works np in current fox (as expected), character seems to be performing actions regardless of which mouse button you click though. May be a good idea to utilise the right click, etc. in your engine

Neat! Works np in current fox (as expected), character seems to be performing actions regardless of which mouse button you click though. May be a good idea to utilise the right click, etc. in your engine

Thanks for the comment =) Ignoring right-clicks is on my to-do list. I don't think I want to actually have right-clicks perform an action, since most users would expect to see the standard browser context menu. Thanks for checking the site out =)
I like it! I would have played more if there was any - I'll have to wait I guess... (BTW IMHO the speech text would work better bottom center rather than top left - I didn't spot it at first)
Stickmen Wars 2 is in development.
Meanwhile try Bloodridge

I like it! I would have played more if there was any - I'll have to wait I guess... (BTW IMHO the speech text would work better bottom center rather than top left - I didn't spot it at first)

Thank you for the suggestion, SimonH! Yeah, there's not too much to "play" at the moment-----I'm still working on the engine. As it progresses, it'll be easier for me to focus on the content rather than the engine.

Thanks for checking out the site!!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement