Cannot Find Symbol constructor?

Started by
3 comments, last by rubsnick 13 years, 1 month ago
I keep getting this error at line 29. I'm basing this off of my professors code and modifying it to suit my needs but my professor has the same thing going on and I can't seem to find why it's not working.... so I need some help.

http://pastebin.com/sWxfic1z
Advertisement
Hi! I think you are getting that error because of the way you define your constructor:

public void Coordinates2D(int dimension)

Constructors don't have return types. So the correct way of defining the constructor of the Coordinates2D class would be:

public Coordinates2D(int dimension)

Hope it helps

Hi! I think you are getting that error because of the way you define your constructor:

public void Coordinates2D(int dimension)

Constructors don't have return types. So the correct way of defining the constructor of the Coordinates2D class would be:

public Coordinates2D(int dimension)

Hope it helps

THANKS! It worked! Now it's working ... rather compiles I"m still not done. But I like to compile every so often to make sure that they are no erros. easier to one one by one then all at once. IMO. But thanks!
... Why would you call the class "Coordinates2D" if it apparently represents coordinates for any number of dimensions?

... Why would you call the class "Coordinates2D" if it apparently represents coordinates for any number of dimensions?

Cuz I'm a bad programmer?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement