• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Invalid address specified to RtlValidateHeap with luabind/CEGUI/Ogre

This topic is 2568 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a problem with heap corruption (or so it says) when I close one of my lua states (on exitting my game). This isn't a huge problem as it only occurs when I quit but its hiding my exceptions which is making other things harder.

I have 2 states, one works perfectly and closes correctly (with everything I have exposed to it), main game thing) but I'm trying to get my ui scripted using Ogre/CEGUI. It is this state thats causing me problems. If I don't expose any of my own classes to the state then everything works fine. It seems to be a problem with luabind. CEGUI is using tolua++ to expose itself. Everything works ok appart from when I close the state (indirectly). This is the shortest snippet that will cause the problem:

CEGUI::LuaScriptModule &scriptModule = CEGUI::LuaScriptModule::create();
lua_State *lua = scriptModule.getLuaState();

My output window says:
HEAP[Overkilld.exe]: Invalid address specified to RtlValidateHeap( 028D0000, 00C22E78 )
Windows has triggered a breakpoint in Overkilld.exe.
This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in Overkilld.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded.

I've tried passing in my own lua_State (rather than have the script module create its own but it causes the same problem). Its not much to go on I know but is there anything I can try?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement