Indie Developer Wanted for Feature Story: HELP

Started by
2 comments, last by Geri 13 years, 1 month ago
Hello, my name is James Williams and I head an independent company called N-Dev Games. We are in the process of launching our new website and would like to chronicle the life of an independent developer. The article which is titled "The Art of War: Indie vs Pro" will be featured on our page free of charge to the public. We are not interested in making a profit, but we are interested in helping people expand their audience.

The story will cover the overall daily grind of an independent development team. The teams can be big, small or even a single man company. We are interested in hearing about things such as how you building a team, managing a global team and developing the actual product. The point is to grab the nuts and bolt out of what you do and lay them out for people to see. The contrast to the story will be the day in a life of a big studio. This is not an attempt to put one against the other, but an opportunity to shed light on the fact that we work just as hard and have the same goals in mind. It is also a chance for people to see the differences in process and a chance to gain insight. I hope some of you take time to read this and help me get more exposure to our fellow developers. Gamedev has been great to me and I in no way wish to drive traffic from them, this was my first developers home and I know I can find quality people here. Thank you!!!!

HOW TO APPLY:cool.png

In order to apply for the article, you must submit a word document or email with a brief example of the stuff mentioned above. Remember, We are interested in hearing about things such as how you building a team, managing a global team and developing the actual product. We want to hear about the stress, the happiness and juggling act of your personal life vs your passion. If you are able to send a fully detailed story then please do so, if you want to just end a bunch of notes, then do so. We will jazz it up and make it perfect. We do not want a demo of your game but if you want to add screen shots, it is okay. We are interested in the process and not secret details about your IP.

The Art of War: Indie VS Pro
Main Questions
Send to: jwilliams@n-devgames.com

1. What is the name of your company, your product and your name?
2. What do you do for a living and what are some of your hobbies?
3. How did you get into game development and why?
4. How did you meet your team and where are they from?
5. How do you manage your team?
6. How did your game concept come to life and how long has it been under development?
7. What are some of the things you have been through and are going through with the development?
8. When do you expect a finished product and how do you handle deadlines?
9. Do you have trouble juggling your personal life with game design?
10. How are you similar and different from a major studio?
11. What are your thoughts on the industry and support for independent developers?
12. Finally, add anything extra that you would like to be known that would be interesting to reader.

Send the email to:

[email="jwilliams@n-devgames.com"]jwilliams@n-devgames.com[/email]

Side Note

As a token of appreciation, I would like to also extend an offer to produce a 7 day series of online episodes chronicling the life of a game designer. The first series will of course be awarded to the teams covered in the article. The video must be submitted by the users and all editing and hosting will be done by us. Once again this is free of charge.
Advertisement
This is relevant to my interests. Do you has msn, skype? I think it would be easyer if you directly talk with ppls about things you want ask, instead of emailing.

This is relevant to my interests. Do you has msn, skype? I think it would be easyer if you directly talk with ppls about things you want ask, instead of emailing.

yes my msn is hollywoodjae026@msn.com
got you

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement