• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
SteveDeFacto

How should I include Ogg vorbis into my open source project?

This topic is 2830 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here is my problem. I am using cmake to build project files from my source code so that it will be easy for other developers and myself. CMake uses find-modules to find installed libraries but since ogg vorbis is not an installed library and has no default locations or registry keys it would be impossible to find it's location.

I decided it would be best to just include ogg vorbis source files into my project but I have found that the header files are dependent on more source files than I was expecting and they are also dependent on the structure of the folders. I'm starting to think this was a bad idea.

The best way to handle this would be to automatically download the source files from the svn repository and place them in a known location but I don't think cmake can do that. The only thing I can think of doing would be to actually require the developer to download and build ogg vorbis then place the lib and include files into the appropriate folders but this adds an entirely new level of complexity to building my project. Anyone have any clever ideas?

Advertisement

[quote name='fireshadow4126' timestamp='1299960093' post='4784947']
Use libogg. It'll probably solve your problems. It's open source too!

I am using libogg....................
[/quote]

Well you didn't make that clear...

[quote name='SteveDeFacto' timestamp='1299960488' post='4784952']
[quote name='fireshadow4126' timestamp='1299960093' post='4784947']
Use libogg. It'll probably solve your problems. It's open source too!

I am using libogg....................
[/quote]

Well you didn't make that clear...
[/quote]

How did I not make that clear?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!