• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
-D_a_A-

Line of sight, field of view and a heck alot of math

This topic is 2836 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Need some help from you guys and gals, not sure if “Math and Physics” is the right page to post in but I’ll give it a shot. Need someone that point me in the right direction when it comes to math, what I want is to be able to calculate the intersection point between my line of sight and an transparent plane in front of me while looking at a object at the other side of the plane, and just to spice things up a camera will record my field of view. The idée (in the long run) is to have the camera track the object in motion and project a tracking box over the object trough a transparent LCD or a HUD (the plane).

[attachment=1606:line of sight.jpg]

My position in relation to the plane is known in XYZ and the cameras position in relation the Me and the plane is known. Is this enough or do I need more input data to be able to calculate the position of the intersection point on the transparent plane???

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!