• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GliTch

billboarding vs D3DXCreateSprite

This topic is 6193 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I just started learing DX8 and been reading articles on the net, about doing 2D stuff on DX8, I''m just wandering which is the best method of creating 2D games, Billboarding or D3DXCreateSprite? also, what''s the differences between LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE8 and LPDIRECT3DSURFACE8? Can I transfer image from LPDIRECT3DSURFACE8 to LPDIRECT3DTEXTURE8, if so how? The reason I''m asking this is I like to load a big image and cut it up to create smaller image and use it as texture. I readed it somewhere that I could use D3DXLoadSurfaceFromFile() and CopyRects(), but I will end up with LPDIRECT3DSURFACE8(s). many Thanks

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!