I got mouse

Started by
62 comments, last by AnotherFalseProphet 13 years, 1 month ago
Yeah, that's troubling me as well. Last night it peed over the table.I cleaned with bleach but it's still quite nasty.

I made the trap just because I was bored and it was 3am. I'm buying rat poison ASAP. That thing gotta go away.
We can settle things up later. In heaven. If they happen to go there too or if I even go there myself. lol

I ate from that bread damnit!
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Advertisement
Last time I suffered teh meese, I did this:

Take a some sort of large container (cartboard box, garbage can) that is deep enough so the mouse can't jump out of it. Cover the top with sheets of paper so it looks like a solid surface. In my case I noticed that the mouse took a particular route from my kitchen cabinet to the fridge so I placed it inbetween those two objects. You can place some bait on top of the sheets for extra incentive. Just make sure the mouse can somehow get there.

image1u.jpg

Disclaimer: Argentinian mice might be smarter than European ones.
Nah. Meese can climb. Unless the surface of the container is smooth. Put some lava on the bottom of it.

Last time I suffered teh meese, I did this:

Take a some sort of large container (cartboard box, garbage can) that is deep enough so the mouse can't jump out of it. Cover the top with sheets of paper so it looks like a solid surface. In my case I noticed that the mouse took a particular route from my kitchen cabinet to the fridge so I placed it inbetween those two objects. You can place some bait on top of the sheets for extra incentive. Just make sure the mouse can somehow get there.

image1u.jpg

Disclaimer: Argentinian mice might be smarter than European ones.

variation on this. use a bucket and fill it about 4 inches full of water; high enough so that when the mouse falls in it's feet can't touch the bottom. It's like trying to jump in the deep end of a pool.

There's another way to do this where you put a string with a piece of tube around it on the top instead of paper. When the mouse walks on it, the tube spins and the mouse falls in the drink.

Not exactly the most humane way to do it and slightly depressing, but it works.
blender at the bottom.

Everything is better with Metal.

blender at the bottom.

Remind me never to go to your place for smoothies.
Old Username: Talroth
If your signature on a web forum takes up more space than your average post, then you are doing things wrong.
The pitfall trap with water at the bottom seems like a good idea. The mouse isn't going to drown if you check the trap in the morning after you wake up.I'm not dead set against killing the mouse. I've had to euthenase injured animals before (e.g. fish that got cancer and started swimming on their side, birds which were mauled by family cats). But you aren't really fixing anything by killing one single mouse. It's not like all the disease is going to go away just because you kill one mouse.

Anyway, there are articles on the internets with various opinions on how to humanely kill a mouse. Spring traps and molten lava are not among them.
Don't thank me, thank the moon's gravitation pull! Post in My Journal and help me to not procrastinate!
I had a mouse in the house once. One of my cats turned to to have more spunk that I thought and would chase the mouse around. He wouldn't catch it, instead just corner and play with it. I easy caught the mouse by laying an opened up paper bag on the floor while it was cornered. The mouse ran in, I picked up the bag and let the mouse free outside.

Not sure if you can get the mouse cornered too easily, but it might be easy to get it to run into a bag...

The pitfall trap with water at the bottom seems like a good idea. The mouse isn't going to drown if you check the trap in the morning after you wake up.I'm not dead set against killing the mouse. I've had to euthenase injured animals before (e.g. fish that got cancer and started swimming on their side, birds which were mauled by family cats). But you aren't really fixing anything by killing one single mouse. It's not like all the disease is going to go away just because you kill one mouse.

Anyway, there are articles on the internets with various opinions on how to humanely kill a mouse. Spring traps and molten lava are not among them.

You'd think so, but due to small lung capacity and not being designed for swimming, after a couple hours they'll be dead. If you want to be more humane I hear putting bleach in the water will kill them faster. It still sucks for the mouse but at least they die fast instead of slow.

If you're going to get them it usually happens shortly after you go to bed/turn the lights off, so unless you get a mouse that can tread water for 6 hours, it's pretty boned.

blender at the bottom.

If it survives, apply for it to work at Google. Richness and fame ensues.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement