• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
h4m

[SOLVED] Playing Card Flip Animation

This topic is 2662 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I am creating a simple game with playing cards which needs an animation to show the cards being turned over.
At the moment I am creating the card graphics in Inkscape and was thinking of using the Perspective tool to produce around 8 frames for each card's animation.

The problem is, the Perspective tool only works on single objects, and so I can't apply perspective to the whole card graphic, only a single element of it at a time. This produces bad results when using the tool on each element of the card individually, without editing the perspective shape for each element (which is very time consuming).

So... I was wondering if there is an easier way to produce the animation. I have considered exporting a PNG of the card's front and back and using Photoshop's Perspective tool to produce the frames in between but this also seems particularly time consuming, as I will need to produce the images for many cards.

Without using 3D Graphics within my game, is there a simple way to produce what I need.
I have attached an example of the frames I have created in Inkscape using cards consisting of 1 or 2 objects. In actual fact I'd like to use many more, which would be problematic using the current method.

[attachment=1621:cardanimation.png]

Apologies for the poor explanation, I hope you can tell what I intend to achieve.
Thanks for any help in advance.

EDIT: I have just worked out the Inkscape Envelope tool does exactly what I need.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!