How long is first Doom?

Started by
15 comments, last by Daaark 13 years, 1 month ago
Ok, now I'm playing first Doom and I beat it in one hour, last level was with two monsters and then it ports me to room with many monsters and lastly shows text screen saying "It's not over, come back to shores of hell" and something like this. So is first Doom so short? Are there any more levels, cause I beat it pretty quicly... The game is really cool even comparing to nowadays games.. It's shame that I just playing it now...

Deltron Zero and Automator.

Advertisement
Yeah, right, i believe it. One hour....
Were you playing the shareware version? IIRC the shareware version had quite a few levels, but only about 25% of the game maybe.

Yeah, right, i believe it. One hour....

It was shown when I completed previous level - 50 minutes, and with this level it is about hour..

When Doom was released, PC games came in EPISODES. The first episode was free and functioned as a demo. This was called Shareware.

Doom's shareware episode 1 takes place for a few levels on the martian base and is called KNEE DEEP IN THE DEAD. There are more episodes in the full version. There is also a hidden level in the KDITD.

Were you playing the shareware version? IIRC the shareware version had quite a few levels, but only about 25% of the game maybe.

Nope it is full version, but it is called "Ultimate Doom" - so it must have first Doom levels and expansion pack in it, I looked in wikipedia for first Doom and it contained screenshot if sime level - and i already passed that level- this proves cause it really contains first Doom levels

When Doom was released, PC games came in EPISODES. The first episode was free and functioned as a demo. This was called Shareware.

Doom's shareware episode 1 takes place for a few levels on the martian base and is called KNEE DEEP IN THE DEAD. There are more episodes in the full version. There is also a hidden level in the KDITD.

So this versio I have played is full version, maybe I can acsess other episodes?

Ok, now I'm playing first Doom and I beat it in one hour, last level was with two monsters and then it ports me to room with many monsters and lastly shows text screen saying "It's not over, come back to shores of hell" and something like this. So is first Doom so short? Are there any more levels, cause I beat it pretty quicly... The game is really cool even comparing to nowadays games.. It's shame that I just playing it now...

That precisely describes the last level of the DOOM shareware demo, a map called the Phobos Anomaly.

[color="#3A3A3A"][font="Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"][/font]Doom has three episodes:
1) Knee-deep in the dead.
2) Shores of hell.
3) Inferno

The shareware demo only included the first episode.

ULTIMATE DOOM includes the 3 DOOM episodes outlined above. And has an additional episode title Thy Flesh Consumed.

[quote name='Daaark' timestamp='1300553330' post='4787968']

So this versio I have played is full version, maybe I can acsess other episodes?
[/quote]

When you choose NEW GAME you have to pick an episode, then a difficulty. Episode 1 is called KNEE DEEP IN THE DEAD. - I forget what the others are called.
It means after I complete one episode, I have to chose new game and play other episode? Got it

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement