• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A lamo question about WinApi(?)

This topic is 6007 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve done quite some programming in OWL which was easy. I''m not saying that WinApi is any harder, but a freaky problem arised when I tried to expand my OpenGL particle engine (gotta give Nehe credit for the better part, though- ) into several source files. I''m using a Borland IDE that allows for a really neat project view and in OWL you just had to add the *.cpp files to the source file list and everything compiled and linked just fine. With WinApi, however, a function call from one source file doesn''t recognize the functions written into another source file.

Advertisement
Tervist!

I''m not quite 100% sure if I understand your question. Personally I''ve never used OWL at all. Never even heard of it.

But I''ll take a guess and maybe this is way off base
(pardon for the simplicity then).

say you have the following

main.cpp
3d.cpp
3d.h

is your problem that main.cpp, you cannot access functions that are stored in 3d.cpp?

in that case, make sure you declare all the functions in 3d.h.
write the functions out in 3d.cpp and then at the top of main add the line #include <"3d.h">

you be off and flying then i hope.

How''s the weather in Estonia right now? I''m was born there
(yea im fluent too, just dont have a european keyboard to type
on)

cheers,

at

Tervist!

I''m not quite 100% sure if I understand your question. Personally I''ve never used OWL at all. Never even heard of it.

But I''ll take a guess and maybe this is way off base
(pardon for the simplicity then).

say you have the following

main.cpp
3d.cpp
3d.h

is your problem that main.cpp, you cannot access functions that are stored in 3d.cpp?

in that case, make sure you declare all the functions in 3d.h.
write the functions out in 3d.cpp and then at the top of main add the line #include <"3d.h">

you be off and flying then i hope.

How''s the weather in Estonia right now? I''m was born there
(yea im fluent too, just dont have a european keyboard to type
on)

cheers,

at

Tere-tere,
täna pilves selgimisteta

PS - thanks aphidtwix. The problem was slightly more complicated than it seemed at the first moment, but it was my mistake I didn''t see it.

Heia Eesti!

• Advertisement