• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

benwatt

Installing the SDK

This topic is 6104 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I''ve just tried to install the DirectX 8 SDK that came on the CD of the OpenGL Game Programmer''s Guide but it doesn''t seem to quite work. As soon as I run the install it straight away says its done copying files and checks that all directx components are up to date. No files are actually installed, only directories added. Could this be because I''m running the install from my hard drive (do I need to burn it onto a CD and try again)? Is it because I already had the standard DirectX8a installed (which is newer)? Hope someone can help with my ignorance ;-) Ben

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
check if you are installing the sdk or the runtime, if you are installing the runtime version, that behavior sounds right. but the sdk should install many many files.

Hi,

I am installing the SDK, I can see from the folder I''m installing it from that there are masses of files to be installed but so far it''s just a few folders and a new link to the DirectX Diagnostic Tool from the start menu, that have been created - no new files :-(

Ben

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!