i want to create games but i am absolute begginer

Started by
6 comments, last by Kalten 13 years ago
hi i am new t this forum and i am new at game development!! i want to create games with c++ but i dont know how i can start!! what programms i must have??? i must learn something else how i can add and graphics please help me!!!!!!!!
Advertisement
If you want to learn C++, you can download Microsoft Visual Studio Express (for free). You'll also likely need a beginners C++ text book to help you get pick up the language. Have you ever done any programming before?
5567803676_0a6058c3f2_b.jpg
yeah i know a bit c++ and python!! but no very well. do you have any good book or video tutorial ????? but this is not my biggest problem..my biggest problem is that i dont know how to combine visual c++ with graphics!!!!
Start by reading the FAQ (above).

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

yeah i know a bit c++ and python!! but no very well. do you have any good book or video tutorial ????? but this is not my biggest problem..my biggest problem is that i dont know how to combine visual c++ with graphics!!!!

You can do it one step out of a time.. first learn the language and concept with a text-based game if anything before you worry about sprites and graphics. I know I want to do games with graphics but it's not as easy as it may seem. You can also try other game engines to help you get along. I've tried Game Maker and simply follow tutorials from there. If you really want to do c++... at least start with C# which is easier for beginners. Yet if you are completely new to programming, use Python or Pygame or even Game Maker... see which fit your style of scripting.
Current Project:
* Project Lavapit (Using Visual C# Studio, Version 0.2)
* Mass Invasion (Using Visual C++ Studio, Version 1.2) [Minor break]
* Invasion -Port- (Using Visual C# Studio, Version 0.1)

* Codename Alias (Using GM; Version 1.0)

* Eternal Remien (Using RPG Maker VX; Version 2.2)

* R.E.X. (Unknown Program; Ideas Only)

Current Members:
Troy Cabal (Game Art & Design Major)
Francis Simon (Business Major)
Calvin "Romell" Mathes (Business Major)
Zane Castillo (English Major)
If you want to make games, just use a game maker. Writing your own framework/game engine/game maker is a lot of fun and very rewarding but that's more a route you should pursue if your main goal is... well, writing a framework/game engine/game maker.

Making a graphical game in C++, by the way, isn't really any more difficult than writing a text-based game since you'll PROBABLY end up using SDL of SFML and they both abstract all the hard stuff away. SFML is supposed to be REALLY easy but I've never used it.

[color=#1C2837][size=2]yeah i know a bit c++ and python!! but no very well. do you have any good book or video tutorial ????? but this is not my biggest problem..my biggest problem is that i dont know how to combine visual c++ with graphics!!!! [/quote]

Look up SFML for graphics with C++.

I think you should just use game maker though.
I would suggest start put small then work up, everyone thinks games and immediately thinks graphics. I say this because most people jump in deep end up drowning and giving up.

I did a demonstration for one of the kids of my work mates showing him, using only basic c++ how to make a number guessing game. Less than 30 minutes on chatting and he was seeing the potential of what you can do.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement