• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NeHe CD or Redbook

This topic is 6009 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been researching this decision for about a week now. How did you guys here that are already into the OpenGL scene get started? I would like to get the CD but I also want something I can take anywhere and study. I was also wondering if that OpenGL Game Programming book is any good for beginners. Thanks, L8R -Nark

Advertisement
Get the RedBook. It is my primary source for information. If you are starting a project you will also need the BlueBook. Whenever you want a more in-depth treatment of a certain area you can always turn to the web, but the RedBook is comprehensive.

I think so too. Get the Red book. Iám reading it right now and I can only say that to you. The Tus on NeHes Page are really good, but to understand OpenGL in the whole depth I think you need to read the Red Book. I downloaded it somewhere and printed it, its my best resource for OpenGL if I had known how it would help me I also had bought it. Its worth any Cent of it.

Take care Doc

I think so too. Get the Red book. Iám reading it right now and I can only say that to you: The Tus on NeHes Page are really good, but to understand OpenGL in the whole depth I think you need to read the Red Book. I downloaded it somewhere and printed it, its my best resource for OpenGL if I had known how it would help me I also had bought it. Its worth any Cent of it.

Take care Doc

Nehe himself admits that his tutorials aren''t as good as the redbook.
I think you should get the neh cd too though the tutorials on that teach you a lot. Got to the nehe website and goto the link for red book and blue book.

mailto:peadar@coylelj.fsnet.co.uk

• Advertisement