NeHe CD or Redbook

Started by
4 comments, last by Narkster 22 years, 7 months ago
I''ve been researching this decision for about a week now. How did you guys here that are already into the OpenGL scene get started? I would like to get the CD but I also want something I can take anywhere and study. I was also wondering if that OpenGL Game Programming book is any good for beginners. Thanks, L8R -Nark
--------------------------Budha walks up to a hotdog vender and says:"Make me one with everything."L8R
Advertisement
Get the RedBook. It is my primary source for information. If you are starting a project you will also need the BlueBook. Whenever you want a more in-depth treatment of a certain area you can always turn to the web, but the RedBook is comprehensive.
I think so too. Get the Red book. Iám reading it right now and I can only say that to you. The Tus on NeHes Page are really good, but to understand OpenGL in the whole depth I think you need to read the Red Book. I downloaded it somewhere and printed it, its my best resource for OpenGL if I had known how it would help me I also had bought it. Its worth any Cent of it.

Take care Doc
I think so too. Get the Red book. Iám reading it right now and I can only say that to you: The Tus on NeHes Page are really good, but to understand OpenGL in the whole depth I think you need to read the Red Book. I downloaded it somewhere and printed it, its my best resource for OpenGL if I had known how it would help me I also had bought it. Its worth any Cent of it.

Take care Doc
Nehe himself admits that his tutorials aren''t as good as the redbook.
I think you should get the neh cd too though the tutorials on that teach you a lot. Got to the nehe website and goto the link for red book and blue book.

mailto:peadar@coylelj.fsnet.co.uk
mailto:peadar@coylelj.fsnet.co.uk
Kewl, thanx for the feedback...

L8R

-Nark
--------------------------Budha walks up to a hotdog vender and says:"Make me one with everything."L8R

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement