Which college to go to?

Started by
14 comments, last by Mozly 13 years ago
Thanks PropheticEdge. I'm still very unsure right now what I'm going to do, but as I come nearer to college, I will make my decision, which hopefully will be a good one. ;)

[size="2"]

Advertisement

Thanks PropheticEdge. I'm still very unsure right now what I'm going to do, but as I come nearer to college, I will make my decision, which hopefully will be a good one. ;)

One or two of the FAQs is or are about how to make decisions.

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Dude, do a CS degree at a good college. You won't regret it.
It's cool that you're making your own games already! Is programming your sole interest, or are you also interested in designing? Have you checked out DigiPen's BSGD program at all? It teaches students not just how to program but also how to develop their own ideas into playable games.

Either way, I'd definitely go with DigiPen. They're the best at what they do. The teachers are industry professionals (they have Master Chief's concept artist, Kinect prototype designers, and of course scads of Nintendo Software Tech. developers). They've won more awards at IGF than any other school (by 20 awards). Valve actually hired one team of DigiPen's IGF winners to create Portal! Also, DigiPen's career services places roughly 80% of their students into careers right out of school. Maybe I'm a bit biased because I'm in their area, but their reputation is legendary.

Have you contacted each school for an information packet or tried visiting campuses? I'm sure that with your background, you'd have the colleges fighting over you. :) Good luck!
Kiy: I work logically, just like computers, and I am talented at programming (in my own opinion of course :)). I have a pretty nice creativity when it comes to designing games, but the whole design process is boring to me. I like brining things to life with the power of programming. And yes, I'm working on a game now, with a lot of progress for only about 5 hours of programming. I am thinking once it is done to release free, but accept donations (I know that was way off topic). I do like DigiPen, and have requested packets from every school I could find a link to that I was interested in. I've read that DigiPen's staff are arrogant and close minded, but most are kind and friendly. 

[size="2"]

Waterloo or nothing

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement