John Carmack To GI: 4d Games on the horizon

Started by
9 comments, last by Daaark 13 years ago
Check out this interview about the new frontier of gaming.

------
Carmack to Game Informer: "4d Games are definitely on the horizon."

[color="#727070"][font="Arial"]by Jeff Cork on April 01, 2011 at 09:28 AM[/font]
In a recent interview with the legendary John Carmack, a new and upcoming way to play video games has been revealed. This was absolutely mind blowing to everyone at Game Informer and we are proud that it has been revealed to us first. So without further delay, here is our exclusive interview.

Interviewer: "Welcome Mr. Carmack. Thanks for taking the time for this interview. I think everyone at GI has at some point played an ID software game. Were all huge fans. Once again, welcome."

Carmack: "Thanks for having me."

Interviewer: "So where do you think video games are headed? Do you think we will ever see anything as groundbreaking as the 3d revolution back in the 90's?

Carmack: "Well, 4d games are definitely on the horizon. As a matter of fact, ID software is currently collaborating with Microsoft to bring this new level of immersion to the masses. It is VERY close."

Interviewer: "Oh wow, 4d? And you're working with Microsoft? Wow I don't know where to begin...what to say. First, I wanna hear about Microsoft. What brought ID software and Microsoft together?"

Carmack: "Well ID software has always been known to do its own thing. But we decided that for this project, we want input from some of this brilliant people at Microsoft. I have no ill will towards those guys. ahaha"

Interviewer: "Cool, so what is this thing about 4d? I mean, what exactly is the experience going to be like?"

Carmack: "ahaha I have no idea. But I'm such a genius, I'm sure we'll figure something out."

Interviewer: "Ahh ok, you're keeping the technical details a secret for now huh?"

Carmack: "No, I genuinely have no idea what 4d is. Some guys at ID software were fooling around one day and someone asked the question "I wonder what 4d would be like?". It was a good question indeed and I put a team on it right away. Shortly after, we began collaborations with Microsoft.

Interviewer: "Wait...so is this technology really even possible or...?"

***Carmack laughs loudly***

Carmack: "Of course it is. Look, ID Software invented 3d games right? We broke that barrier didn't we? So what would stop us from doing 4d?"

Interviewer: "The fact that we live in 3 dimensions?"

Carmack: "Ok stop recording."

Off the record, Carmack told our interviewer that we had crossed the line, so we had to cut the interview short.

***End of Interview***

There is no way to tell if this is just a collaborative experiment by ID Software and Microsoft or if it is genuine. Only time will tell if the pioneers of 3d games will successfully make the leap to 4d.
[color="#727070"] [color="#727070"] [color="#727070"] [color="#727070"] [color="#727070"] [color="#727070"]
They hated on Jeezus, so you think I give a f***?!
Advertisement
Lol, almost had me going there.
I wonder what kind of glasses we'll have to wear this time... *sighs*
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
I thought it was a halo around your head that you have to wear!

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Games are already 4D.

-------R.I.P.-------

Selective Quote

~Too Late - Too Soon~

3D already gives me a headache...
41578_304637437182_7898_n.jpg
Is good April Fools Joke!
http://harmen.vanderwal.eu/hypercube/

Games are already 4D.

Show me a hyper-cornell box then!
Latest project: Sideways Racing on the iPad

This topic is closed to new replies.