Volunteer 2d artist seeking a project!

Started by
5 comments, last by NicoG 12 years, 8 months ago
Hello Developers!
I am interested in developing my art ability (life drawing currently) into commercially viable skills.

I currently use photoshop and would like to assist in a project where 2d work is needed.
I am comfortable with designing illustrations, concepts and in-game work for environments, characters, and props.

I have been a passionate gamer for over 20 years, owning nearly every console produced since the 1980s and i am very familiar with the gaming market.
I have in the past created maps and environments in strategy games and FPS games using both in-game tools and 3rd party software, so i am willing to aid in the design and flow of game worlds as well as balancing and tuning of the players experience.

I feel i have a good understanding of what it takes to make a game enjoyable, and i have a natural ability in art that i wish to focus on developing.

As the thread suggests, i am looking to work for free on a project. So if you are on a budget and are struggling to produce a game which looks as good as your vision please get in touch, i would love to help and get experience. If your title is seeking commercial release though i would desire some form of profit sharing for my contribution.

I am however willing to commit time and effort into doing my best for the project whether it sells or does not.

Thank you for your time!

-Alex
Advertisement
Do you have any portfolios or example of your artwork?
sent via pm ;)
How about posting an open web link to your work, not everyone has the time to wait and check for a pm from you.
Nice portfolio, i really like it, wish you good luck from all my heart :)
Sarcasm is a form of art.
Please contact me if you're looking for work. I'm looking for someone to do 2d art for the JRPG portion of the game I'm working on.

Jason D. Blevins
Owner
www.sylvengames.com
I am currently also looking for someone doing some sprites for my open source project.
I cannot pay you, but maybe you like to contribute.
Work must be delivered under a Creative Commons License:
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/

PM me if you are interested :).
If you say "pls", because it is shorter than "please", I will say "no", because it is shorter than "yes"
http://nightlight2d.de/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement