Sign in to follow this  
lucky6969b

Questions on scene appearance and animation

1. I am using a vertex shader which could successfully render a mesh previously. I transplant this shader to another app. Now I discover the scene is blurry I have a white texture as default if there isn't any texture in the X file. However, in the first app, even I use a white texture as default. It still renders sharply. I cancel all render states to no avail. The original code closely resembles Frank Luna's code plus I add a swapchain in order to work with it inside MFC. There is a Mesh Loading method shared by all object How weird is, one of the objects renders well and the other look very unclear. What other possibilities why the blurry scene happens?

2) If I use a static mesh, it means i don't have the animation controller. I do have frames and subsets. How do i animate the tire of the vehicle if I load the mesh as static mesh with many subsets? Thanks Jack

[quote name='lucky6969b' timestamp='1302357488' post='4796331']
1. I am using a vertex shader which could successfully render a mesh previously. I transplant this shader to another app. Now I discover the scene is blurry I have a white texture as default if there isn't any texture in the X file. However, in the first app, even I use a white texture as default. It still renders sharply. I cancel all render states to no avail. The original code closely resembles Frank Luna's code plus I add a swapchain in order to work with it inside MFC. There is a Mesh Loading method shared by all object How weird is, one of the objects renders well and the other look very unclear. What other possibilities why the blurry scene happens?

2) If I use a static mesh, it means i don't have the animation controller. I do have frames and subsets. How do i animate the tire of the vehicle if I load the mesh as static mesh with many subsets? Thanks Jack
[/quote]
1) You're probably going to have to run both apps through PIX and see what the difference in device states is.

2) Usually you animate things like that by applying a different matrix to each subset of the mesh. So for instance, if you wanted to rotate the tire submesh on a car mesh, then you'd rotate the tire submesh along one axis. Also, in order to move the tire with the car, you need to maintain a matrix heirarchy for the mesh.