Yet another game engine

Started by
3 comments, last by CyrilBazhenov 13 years ago
Hi everyone!

Probably this is a very common topic... But I`m developing my own 3D engine:) Primary goals are: education and fun.
Fulmine ([font="arial, sans-serif"]thunderbolt in italian[/font]) is written in C++ and uses CMake as a build tool. Currently it supports OpenGL 3.3 renderer and Linux operating system.

Main features:
[font="arial, sans-serif"]- Cross-platform (well, I need someone to port it to other platforms:) )
- Maybe GAPI independant (the same as above)
- Scalable architecture targeting mobile and limited devices (consoles, mobile phones, etc.)
- Multi-threaded
- Scripting support (not yet completed)
- Garbage collected
- Good documentation and samples
[/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"]- 3D sound support [/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"] [/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"]It is open source and the repository is here.[/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"]A screenshot, showing static mesh rendering StaticMesh[/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"]Another screenshot, showing lighting system, a thorus and a plane Thorus[/font]
All meshes are loaded from files.
[font="arial, sans-serif"]Currently I`m seeking for interested people to form a community and conquer the world:) Yup, I believe that this tiny piece of code can grow and evolve to amaze eveyone.[/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"]My contacts:[/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"]Skype: bazhenovc[/font]
[font="arial, sans-serif"]ICQ: [/font][font="verdana, arial, sans-serif"]570003603 (anti-spam working!)[/font]
[font="verdana, arial, sans-serif"]e-mail: bazhenovc@gmail.com[/font]
Advertisement
How does this work from an end-user perspective?

This is a C++ SDK (like Irrlicht, Ogre, Crystal Space, etc.), also I`m planning some kind of editor.

[quote name='MeshGearFox' timestamp='1302447723' post='4796695']

This is a C++ SDK (like Irrlicht, Ogre, Crystal Space, etc.), also I`m planning some kind of editor.
[/quote]

Sounds interesting! Do you have some potential examples of how you might imagine in being used? Is it more focused on the rendering side of things, or is it going to be a complete game API-type-thing?

[quote name='bazhenovc' timestamp='1302450907' post='4796715']
[quote name='MeshGearFox' timestamp='1302447723' post='4796695']

[/quote]

Sounds interesting! Do you have some potential examples of how you might imagine in being used? Is it more focused on the rendering side of things, or is it going to be a complete game API-type-thing?
[/quote]

[color="#1C2837"]Fulmine is going to be a complete game API, including rendering, physics, AI and all the stuff:) The engine consists of several independent modules(rendering, sound, scripting, etc.) and even if something is missing the user can easily extend it(and contribute:) )

[color="#1C2837"]There are some samples in the repo: The Most Basic Sample, showing how to setup an application and create a window, and A Bit More Advanced Sample, showing how to draw a simple mesh(including scene management)

[color="#1C2837"]Also I`m researching a voxel rendering algorithm, which is being implemented using my engine, however I can`t reveal any more details now :(

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement