My code is displayed at the terrain :S

Started by
5 comments, last by mrchrismnh 13 years ago
Long time ago i made a World Editor and now my friend tried it and on his computer my code is displayed on terrain. Really weird and it doesn't happen on my computer.
Is he the chosen one? because he can see the matrix :P
Anyone know why this has happend?
EnJOJ Gaming
Advertisement
That is the most amazing bug ever.

Your code has somehow been sent to a font-renderer, which has drawn it onto a texture, which has somehow been put onto the terrain???
I had the same problem. As far as I remember the problem was a opengl texture handle which was NULL :S
If he is running the code from something like Visual Studio on Win7 or Vista then combine that with an unset or incorrectly set texture it's possible that the sampler ends up reading from the VRAM Windows is currently using to store the image of the window/pane that is holding the code.

Pretty mad still, but understandable :D
Send this to 'I Get Your Fail'
Yeah, looks like the program is trying to use the texture without loading its data, so the program ends up whatever was there before, and it just happened to be part of the screen. Make sure the texture data is being loaded =P

Also I'd advice to later put a cheat in the game that purposefully shows code on the terrain for the sake of fun XD
Don't pay much attention to "the hedgehog" in my nick, it's just because "Sik" was already taken =/ By the way, Sik is pronounced like seek, not like sick.
Your bug is better than my working code.
"It's like naming him Asskicker Monstertrucktits O'Ninja" -Khaiy

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement