Demo of my first game on Kongregate - VR Runner

Started by
3 comments, last by GesterX 13 years ago
I'm proud to anounce my first (demo) project is up on Kongregate!

The game is called VR Runner and is currently just a one level demo using some pretty Unity iTween stuff, classic top down shooter gameplay, and some more modern elements! Let me know what you think. Any and all feedback is appreciated but please be gentle :rolleyes:

VR Runner on Kongregate

Things I'm looking at expanding right:
  • The levelling mechanics
  • Additional Levels
  • An inventive tutorial
  • Some light tower defence elements

The game was put together in a few weeks and I hope I can continue to expand it in the coming months.
A windows build and dev diary can be found at my blog:
GrantGameDev
Game Designer at Playground Games
Advertisement

The game is called VR Runner and is currently just a one level demo using some pretty Unity iTween stuff, classic top down shooter gameplay, and some more modern elements! Let me know what you think. Any and all feedback is appreciated but please be gentle :rolleyes:

VR Runner on Kongregate

• Additional Levels
  • An inventive tutorial

The game was put together in a few weeks and I hope I can continue to expand it in the coming months.
GrantGameDev

Kinda sort. lol

[quote name='GesterX' timestamp='1302441310' post='4796659']

VR Runner on Kongregate

• Additional Levels
  • An inventive tutorial

GrantGameDev

Kinda sort. lol
[/quote]

Yeah I know... :) but the base of the game is there and I was just looking for some early feedback since it's going to be easier to fix/change things now than rather than a few months down the line
It works and looks OK, but there's a couple of problems;
The worst is a noticeable pause between when an enemy is destroyed & the score is displayed, & I don't think you're supposed to be able to walk through the walls? (that's fun though!)
I'd like the player's character to be a bit bigger and the AI to actually hit me once in a while...
All that said, it's a good start! Interesting to see Unity used in this way. Keep us informed!
Stickmen Wars 2 is in development.
Meanwhile try Bloodridge

It works and looks OK, but there's a couple of problems;
The worst is a noticeable pause between when an enemy is destroyed & the score is displayed, & I don't think you're supposed to be able to walk through the walls? (that's fun though!)
I'd like the player's character to be a bit bigger and the AI to actually hit me once in a while...
All that said, it's a good start! Interesting to see Unity used in this way. Keep us informed!

I didn't notice that you could walk through the walls! It seems to happen where the terrain is low or there is a small gap coupled with the fact that the hit box is quite small... Thanks for pointing that out.
I was thinking about maybe zooming the camera in a little so the player is bigger but in future levels there's going to be hundreds of bullets to dodge so the player will need a good idea of the space around them.

The lag when the score appears is top of my list of things to sort out! It only happens the first time you kill an enemy of each "type"... so for example the first robot you kill will lag, then the first grey tank you kill will lag, etc. Hopefully I'll have that sorted today and thank you for pointing that out to me (I was hoping it was just my PC :()

Thanks for the comments. All appreciated.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement