Dragon Breeder- Idea

Started by
17 comments, last by Imp-perial 22 years ago
If anyone wants to write a good storyline for this game idea check out the post i made in help wanted. It''s under the topic good writer project.
Alex Pinkston (I guess this is what your asking)
Advertisement
I hate to say its been done, but probably not in the same graphical view you have stated.

Dragon Seeds for PSX. Dragon Breeding. And, of course Monster Rancher is monster bredding. If you allow the person to play in a 3RD person view, on a wide map with free areas, or especially if it was a MMORPG(where you would probably become famous with that idea)

Have you ever played MideEvil for PSX? You should make it that kind of view, with a similar setting, and a full town to play in. Not just some map you click buttons on and go to the breeding center, like in Dragon Seeds(which, I am sure a young kid made and his dad published it for the hell of it, because the game was really bad, and alot of words were spelt wrong. I also found "u" instead of "you" in some places.) So I do think this is a good idea,and I hope you get far with it

Good Luck!

"I've sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do'Urden

Edited by - Drizzt DoUrden on September 9, 2001 9:22:46 PM
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
This gives back memories of the time when I, as a young C64 gamer, first played ''Dragon Breath'' on the Commodore Amiga.

Ah, what a delight. Breeding dragons in you castle and mixing and grinding different magical herbs together, either to increase a special ability of your favourite dragon, or to create a terrible chronical plague onto your opponents villages.

Then you could take your dragon flying, attacking the opponents dragons or raiding his/her villages seen from above.

Totally cool, as the herbs where many and the ways of putting them together vast. A successful mixture of herbs to increase your dragons abilities or to create illness was strictly kept secret to my brother (who happened to be my favourite opponent player ).

Ah, those where the days, of the Breath of the Dragons.

The Game Industry
OpenGL/OpenAL/OpenNL
"Self awareness is the interaction between 3 different parts of your brain. The Cog, the Left and the Right side of you brain..."
In Brittian you spell favorite as favourite? I never knew that, I know of colour and labour, etc, but I thought it was just words that end in r. I have recently been changing my American "armor" to "armour" and etc, to anger my teachers because I am a pest. hehehehe.....

"I''ve sparred with creatures from the nine hells themselves... I barely plan on breaking a sweat here, today."~Drizzt Do''Urden
------------------------------Put THAT in your smoke and pipe it
Favor -> Favour. Geddit?

People who can''t do shit, talk.
-Dwight Yorke, Manchester United
Who''d be up to it? Would anyone help in the making of a game of this such??
Alex Pinkston (I guess this is what your asking)
Anyone read _A Fire Upon the Deep_? Think of the tines. Instead of playing a single dragon, the player could control a flock of dragons with a group mind. These would have short lifespans and the player would breed them with each other and member of other flocks, and capture members of other flocks and incorporate them, to get replacements and evolve the flock as a whole. Cool, or too confusing?

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

quote:Original post by sunandshadow
Instead of playing a single dragon, the player could control a flock of dragons with a group mind.

Cool! But how have you thought the gameplay? would you controll your flock as in a RTS? I mean if the flock has a group mind, how does the player interact?
I''d like to hear more! I really like Dragons...

Ever read Liveship Traders Trilogy by Robin Hobb. Dragon-Fans will like it - i guess!

cya
Lithander

Could... someone... please... separate... into... paragraphs...

In other words, that big thing makes me head hurt against this black background.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement